Seb was in his own on Saturday but still managed to put a whole load of the cross beams in. This process was finished by Joe and Seb yesterday by which time the whole box was cross crossed with sturdy beams.
This morning the lads starting encasing the whole thing in a moisture proof wrap and then the ceiling and walls went in. By this afternoon most of the walls were done. The gaps are now very obviously where the huge windows and doors are going to go in. All the electrical cables were laid today so it was decision time on where the sockets and switches were going to go.
It suddenly looks very different as it’s been so open before. It has been amazingly sunny and its almost a shame to now suddenly block off the air and view! In a couple of days when the lads are working on the outside I can start painting the inside!
I’ve had a little experiment colour washing some OSB board to see what it would look like and I’ve decided to put a nice dark grey colour wash on the floor. This way you can still see the texture and different colours but it won’t be the colour of a sauna ;-)! The walls are all going to be white.
I found some super cool 70s rattan light shades in Sainsburys of all places so now I’m all sorted for lights too. They will go well with my extremely 70s quilt and cushions I’m making!