Mabel Dress and Top Pattern by Tilly & The Buttons
Get ready for all the compliments with this dreamy dress or blouse with shirred waist and cuffs. Learn to sew shirring with the step-by-step guide.
- Flirty, square-shaped elasticated neckline
- Full- or elbow-length sleeves, with deep shirred cuff or narrow shirred cuff with frill hem
- Voluminous raglan sleeves elasticated around the shoulders
- Front neckline has a pretty frill, keyhole opening and faux drawstring ties
- Blousy bodice and floaty skirt cinched in with shirred waistline
- Make it as a midi-length dress or peplum blouse
RRP – £17.50
SKILL LEVEL – Improver
SIZE RANGE – UK 6-34 / US 2-30 / EUR 34-62 / AUS 6-34
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Lightweight woven fabrics that gather easily, such as cotton lawn, poplin, voile, seersucker, viscose (rayon) or crêpe.
- Matching thread
- 1.5m (1¾yd) x 8-10mm (⅜in) wide elastic
- 1-2 spools of shirring elastic (elasticated thread)
- 2 x safety pins
Get ready for all the compliments with this dreamy dress or blouse with shirred waist and cuffs.